Are you a travel freak? Do you love uncovering new places? If yes then this crocodile farm in Thailand is a must-visit for you. There are more than 1000 crocodile farms in Thailand that are home to an unbelievable 1.2 million crocodiles. Tourists from all over the world flock here to spot these giant reptiles chomping chicken or lazily sun bathing. These farms are equipped with everything from raising crocodile to even slaughtering or tanning them. Crocodile farms in Thailand are also engaged in exporting crocodile products such as handbags and crocodile suits, all over the world. These products are sold anywhere between $2300 to $6000 varying on the quality. Want to know more about crocodile farming? Here are 8 facts about Thailand’s crocodile farms that will leave you amazed.
1. The Samutprakan Crocodile Farm & Zoo is known to be Thailand’s largest crocodile farm that houses both fresh- and saltwater crocodiles.
2. At the Sriracha Tiger Zoo in Thailand’s Chonburi Province the crocodiles are only served with chicken heads.
3. All the crocodile eggs are carefully placed in a hatchery at the Sriracha Tiger Zoo and you can spot young crocodiles hatching from the egg.The baby crocodile is then carefully let out from the egg with the help of a worker.
4. The Sri Ayuthaya Crocodile Farm is also one of the biggest crocodile farms in Thailand that has been operating for over 35 years now. There are trainer workers in this farm who look after the crocodiles including feeding them at regular intervals.
5. The total strength of crocodiles in the Sri Ayuthaya Crocodile Farm is around 1, 50,000 crocodiles! Yes, you read the figures right. This massive crocodile farm in Thailand is also generating jobs for the local youth and is a good source of revenue for the country.
6. The crocodiles farms in Thailand that legally export crocodile generated products are registered with the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES). There are various stages involved in manufacturing products from crocodile’s right from tanning to polishing and giving final touches. These crocodile leather products are in huge demand all over the world and the revenue collection is very high.
7. Crocodile meat is also considered edible and serves as a gourmet delicacy in some parts of Thailand. Crocodile meat is sold for about 300 Bhat per kg. Also the blood and bile is not a waste and is utilized in making pills as they considered being high in medicinal value.
8. Besides sighting these massive reptiles, visitors also enjoy the Crocodile show held in these farms across Thailand. The zoo worker performs unbelievable stunts with these crocodiles that are jaw-dropping.
Aren’t these facts about Crocodile farms in Thailand simply amazing?
Make sure to visit these extraordinary crocodile farms during your next visit, and if you have a fetish for crocodile skin, get a nice crocodile skin leather jacket for yourself.