Valentine’s Day is the aptest time to indulge in some delightfully sweet desserts with your beloved. If you want to impress your guy or wish to surprise him with your culinary skills, you have just landed to the right place. Try this heavenly chocolate orange lava cake this Valentine’s, and you can never go wrong. Made with perfect ingredients, this lip-smacking lava cake will surely melt away his heart!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Bittersweet chocolate chips – 3/4 cup
- Unsalted butter – 4 tablespoons
- Extra Virgin Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Egg – 1 plus 1 full egg yolk
- flour – 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Orange zest – 1
- Sea salt – for sprinkling
- Orange Supreme for garnish – 1
Set the oven temperature to 375 degrees and preheat it. Spray four muffin tins using nonstick cooking spray. In a medium-sized bowl melt butter, chocolate and oil in the microwave for not more than a minute. Now whisk the potion till it turns smooth. Add the orange zest and allow it to cool lightly.
Take a separate bowl and whisk together 1 whole egg, yolk and sugar. Add this to the melted chocolate mixture. Add the vanilla essence and flour slowly and keep stirring till the mixture turns smooth. Divide the batter equally among the four muffin tins and bake for about 12 minutes. This chocolate lava cake will only be dry on top while the center will be soft. Remove from the oven and allow to cool outside for 5 minutes.
Gently invert the cake onto a plate and sprinkle some sea salt. Decorate with orange supreme and drizzle some olive oil. Your heavenly chocolate orange lava cake is now ready. Celebrate your love with this mouth-watering sweet delicacy!
This chocolate orange lava cake is quite simple to cook, and you do not need to be a cooking expert to get it right. However, there are few cooking tips that you must keep in mind.
- The quality of your cake depends on the quality of chocolate used in the preparation.
- If you and your partner do not like the bitter taste of chocolate, use plain chocolate chips or even milk chocolates.
- Always preheat the oven before use. Maintain the proper cooking temperature as mentioned in the recipe.
- This chocolate orange lava cake cannot be prepared in advance. Reheating will also not give the same taste. Therefore bake the lava cake at an appropriate time.