Pusarla Venkata Sindu or PV Sindhu as she is popularly known, is India’s ace Badminton player. She created history by becoming the first Indian female to qualify in the finals of Women’s Single during the Rio Olympics, 2016. PV Sindhu sadly, lost the final match but she won the heart of millions of Indians worldwide. Sindhu became the first Indian to win the silver medal in the Women’s Badminton championship.
Right from her childhood, PV Sindhu was fascinated by this game and drew inspiration from her role model, Pullela Gopichand. She had set a realistic goal for herself and with her commitment achieved it at a very young age of 21. PV Sindhu is undoubtedly one of the finest International Badminton players who have bought fame and glory to Indian sports. Just an ode to this terrific Badminton player, TYM team presents here the top 10 achievements of PV Sindhu.
1. The very first achievement of PV Sindhu was when she won the Under 19 Youth Asia Championship in the year 2012.
2. In 2013, Sindhu qualified for the Malaysian Open tournament and after winning the game she was credited with her first Grand Prix Gold title. Her performance in the game was immensely applauded and she kindled the hope in Olympics for India.
3. In the same year, PV Sindhu won the Badminton World Championship, to become the first Indian to do so in the women’s single category.
4. The year 2013 has been very glorious for Sindhu as her winning spree continued unabated. She was also bestowed with the prestigious Arjun Award by the President of India.
5. Again in 2014, PV Sindhu won the World Badminton Championship to become the first Indian shuttler to do in consecutive years.
6. In 2014, she played in the Glasgow Commonwealth Games and won a bronze medal for India.
7. The year 2016 has been the most remarkable for this player. Winning the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold title in the women’s single category was just the beginning for her.
8. During the Rio Olympics 2016, Sindhu defeated Wang Yihan, the World’s no. 2 in ranking to qualify for the Gold medal match.
9. PV Sindhu played her best but lost the game to Spain’s Carolina Marin during the Rio Olympics. She however became the first Indian women to get a silver medal for India in Olympics.
10. Presently, PV Sindhu is now among the first five of the world’s top shuttlers and it is definitely a glorious moment for India.
The committed sportsperson that she is, the achievements of PV Sindhu is more likely to grow with every passing year. She has displayed extraordinary level of exhibitions in the matches that she played worldwide. PV Sindhu’s magnificence is only bound to grow and the TYM team wishes her all the good luck in the forthcoming games. Sindhu’s success story is surely an inspiration for other aspiring shuttlers.
PV Sindhu achievements have not only given her fame but her Achievments have brought our country a name and respect in the Game that her hardwork has payed back.
With the guidance of her Coach Pullela Gopi chandh she got all the success, PV Sindhu could not win the finals but her hardwork has got herself many Awards and Medals. Here are some of the achievements of PV Sindhu –
1. Padma Shri
2. Arjuna Award for Badminton
3. CNN-IBN Indian of the Year in Sports
This is not it, In July 2013 Sindhu has also been recruited as an assistant sports manager at the Hyderabad office of Bharat Petroleum. Hope, PV Sindhu get more success and make India proud always.
Cover Image: Source