Today is 26th January and India is celebrating the 68th Republic Day. The 68th Republic Day parade is all set to showcase at Rajpath in New Delhi. Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who is Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi is the chief guest of Republic Day Parade. He is the son of the UAE’s founding president. For the Parade occasion, Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan will join Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee.
The Wing Commander Ramesh Kumar Dubey will conduct the Parade. The Parade will start with Mi-17 helicopters, flying an Indian flag and three other choppers flying ensigns of the Army, Navy and the IAF will shower flower petals.
179 member Military of UAE will be marching on the Rajpath and dependent of elite National Security Guard also known as the Black Cats. They are taking part in Parade for the first time.
New Delhi was wrapped with a security of thousands of force keeping tight security to be safe from any terror attack or incident during the celebrations of 68th Republic Day. This time the security was so tight, and it has never done before.
There is 8-km long Parade route from Rajpath to Red Fort besides nearby localities. For this security was Mobile hit teams, anti-aircraft, and sharpshooters.
Here are the highlights:
- NSG commandos march past the saluting dais.
- Indian Coast Guard, CRPF march past the saluting dais.
- BSF camel mounted regiment offer their salute to the President and the Chief guest.
- The Indian Air Force tableau marches down the Rajpath.
- Mechanized infantry regiment march past the saluting dais, offer the salute to the President.
- Akash Weapons system, transportable satellite vehicles, march down the Rajpath.
- A contingent of UAE soldiers, along with its music band lead the parade.
- Lt Gen Manoj Mukund Naravane leads the Republic Day parade.
- President Pranab Mukherjee arrives at Rajpath with chief guest Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- President Hamid Ansari came at Rajpath. He was greeted by Narendra Modi.