A fire broke out at SSKM Hospital in Kolkata on Monday morning creates panic and families become impatient of the patience in the hospital. The fire has been reported today morning at 11.15am on the fifth floor of the famously known historic Ronald Ross building.
Since, SSKM hospital is one of the most famous hospital of the city, the fire break in the hospital is not a small concern to the Govt though. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee accompanied by Fire Minister Sovan Chatterjee reached the spot and declared that there will be two fire tenders permanently placed inside the campus, as it’s a Big Hospital.
The fire had been less after the firemen works, but the thick black smock could be can be seen billowing from the SSKM hospital. This is the second time in two months that the hospital caught fire, first was in the Ophthalmology department on the 11th floor of the hospital on September 23.
A number of around 19 fire tenders were pressed in to douse the fire. The building wards were burnt while the staff members and the patient were out of the wards without any injuries. The investigation on the whole fire incident had been started immediately due to massive disruption and the Hospital being historic in Bengal state.
The primary investigation has revealed that the fire broke out at the SSKM Hospital was due to shock circuit in the false ceiling on the sixth floor of the building. Further, investigation by the Policeman with reports read by the Chief Minister has been taken into serious condition whether the incident has happened due to accident or intentional.