Sandford Fleming also known as the ‘Father Of Standard Time’ was a Canadian Engineer and an inventor. He is Remembered for the development of present arrangement of time zones, which is as yet being pursued all around the world.He was Born on January 7, 1827, in Kirkcaldy, Scotland, beLater then Fleming emigrated to Canada in 1847.
Prior to the development of the arrangement of standard time zones, individuals were exclusively reliant on the position of the sun to find time. In any case, with the presentation of trains, there was a requirement for presenting standard planning. Fleming suggested that the world partitioned into 24 time zones beginning at the Greenwich Meridian and divided all at 15 degree interims. Fleming’s proposition was embraced at the International Prime Meridian Conference on January 1, 1985 by the 25 going to countries.
So Here are the 5 Facts That You Should Know!
- Fleming, who picked up notoriety as one of the essential railroad architects of his age, was likewise accountable for the underlying review of the principal Canadian rail route meandering over the landmass — Canadian Pacific Railway.
- Fleming additionally outlined the principal Canadian postage stamp which were issued in 1851. The stamps costing three pennies portrayed the beaver, the national creature of Canada.
- Fleming established the Royal Canadian Institute in 1849, which developed into a widely acclaimed community for researchers.
- After resigning from Canadian Pacific Railways in 1880, Fleming was named as the Chancellor of Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, and invested energy in logical ventures and composing.
- Fleming was knighted by Queen Victoria for his achievements in 1897.