As we all know government have made Aadhar card compulsory for every major thing. Even for ration cards, bank accounts etc needs to be linked with Aadhar card. This is done to cut down the chances of having fake accounts or fake ration cards. So, because of this only person who is actually in need will take the benefits.

Denied food because she did not have Aadhaar-linked ration card, Jharkhand girl dies of starvation

An unfortunate incident took place in Jharkhand which has shocked every one of us. An Aadhaar card took a life of an 11-year-old girl.

From Simdega district, a poor family has lost their 11 years daughter as their ration card was canceled. Their card was canceled because it was not linked with Aadhaar card. The girl who died was Santoshi Kumari and she was from Karimati village.

The poor family did not have any permanent job or any land so they were suitable for getting subsidized rations under the National Food Security Act.

As there was a holiday in the school of Durga Puja festival, Santoshi didn’t get food even in school. Straight for eight days, she stayed without food and in the result she died on 28th September.

The dealer got the order from central government which was issued in February. He was following the order about the Aadhaar card compulsory for all welfare schemes. The activists of the Right to Food Campaign says, it is clear violation of Supreme court orders which says that Aadhaar can’t be compulsory for the government welfare scheme.

Here’s a video in this connection:

Mainly, this  problem is faced in Rajasthan, Jharkhand and many other states. Sometimes, if a person has Aadhaar card but it’s not linked with your account due to Internet problem, the person’s name is deleted from the list. Names of many eligible beneficiaries have been deleted due to these reasons and this is definitely a matter of serious concern.

A government should bring a little humanity in their working style. No one should suffer because of their working style.

What do you have to say in this matter?