Deepika Padukone is one of the most popular and highest-paid Indian celebrity. She has established a career in Hindi films, and is the recipient of several awards, including three Filmfare Awards. But Here Are 11 Facts We Bet You Didn’t Know About Deepika Padukone:
1. Himesh Reshammiya gave Deepika her first break.
Before her Bollywood debut Deepika Padukone starred in a Himesh Reshammiya music video titled, ‘Naam Hai Tera‘
2. Om Shanti Om was not supposed to be her first Hindi film.
Farah Khan had originally signed Deepika for Happy New Year but the movie got shelved so she signed her for Om Shanti Om.
3. Dipika’s first hit wasn’t ‘Om Shanti Om’, it was Liril:
4. Deepika was a national level badminton player:
5. Deepika learned the Japanese martial art for Chandni Chowk To China.
Deepika learned the Japanese martial art form of jujutsu for Chandni Chowk To China. She performed the stunts in the film without any body double.
6. Deepika was the first choice for YRF’s Jab Tak Hai Jaan and Dhoom 3. Both went to her rival Katrina Kaif:
7. Dipika was not the first choice for Chennai Express:
Rohit Shetty originally wanted Kareena Kapoor to do the role, but she couldn’t because of her schedule and Deepika Padukone stepped in.
8. Deepika rejected not one but three films opposite Salman Khan:
Deepika rejected not one but three films opposite Salman Khan – Shuddhi, Sultan and an item number in Kick.
9. Dipika’s surname is actually a place in Karnataka:
10. Deepika learnt acting under Anupam Kher and dance from Shiamak Davar: